By booking with us, you are agreeing to the contract below in its entirety. Please read this before reserving any of our trips.
By booking with PERU BUCKET LIST S.A.C. you agree to comply with all terms and conditions stated below, which are an essential part of this Agreement; and acknowledge that you understand, and will be bound by them.
Furthermore, you agree to have read all the necessary information related to your trip before proceeding with the reservation, acknowledging to be familiar with the physical demands of the trip and/or activities involved, itinerary, and travel style.
All reservations are made with the company Peru Bucket List S.A.C (us/we) and the client (you). When booking a trip with us, it will be understood that you have accepted these Booking Conditions (which constitute the complete agreement between you and us) and your reservation will be accepted by us on this basis according to Peruvian law (and no other). The services that will be provided are those mentioned in the confirmation invoice of the reservation. At this point, a contract between the company and the client begins to exist.
If you are booking a trip with Peru Bucket List, we will require 30% of the total value as a deposit. The remaining must be paid 30 days before starting the tour. If the booking is made 30 days or less prior to departure, full payment is due at the time of booking. Take into consideration that if you book one of the trips with the Inca Trail trek then the recommendation is to book 5 months in advance otherwise, the Jungle trek will be added instead by default to your trip.
LONG ADVENTURES (trips all inclsuive): If we accept your reservation, we will issue a confirmation invoice in 48hrs. You will receive a contract between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice with the remaining payment due. Check your booking confirmation invoice for details on the final payments. The payment of the full remaining balance of your package must be made 30 days before the departure date (If it is the case). If this balance is not paid on the due date or earlier, we reserve the right to put your reservation on hold until the final payment is canceled. We will get in touch via email and/or you will have to send an email as soon as possible.
TREKS: If we accept your reservation, we will issue a confirmation invoice in 2 hrs. You will receive a contract between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice, and we will require 100% of the full amount at booking time 24 hrs before the trek start. (Inca Jungle and Salkantay).
For treks like; “Vinicunca” Rainbow Mountain, “Palccoyo” Rainbow Mountain, Waqrapukara and Humantay Lagoon you have the chance to book till 6pm (Peru time) everyday; and 100 % payment will be required at booking time. after this you can contact us to our number +51 932 633 770 for last reservations, we may have some places left for you. Just try..!
MINI ADVENTURES (Short tours): If we accept your reservation, we will issue a confirmation invoice in 2 hrs. You will receive a contract between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice, and we will require 100% of the full amount at booking time before 5pm (Peru time).
MACHUPICCHU TOURS: If we accept your reservation, we will issue a confirmation invoice in 2 hrs. You will receive a contract between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice, and we will require 100% of the full amount at booking time 48 hrs before the tour start.
Inca trail trek: If you are booking the Inca trail trek with Peru Bucket List, we will require 100% of the full amount at booking time. We highly recommend booking 5 months in advance. To check the availability of this activity, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
LONG ADVENTURES (all inclusive trips);
If you wish to modify or transfer your reservation to a third party, you must notify us at least 45 days before the proposed departure date. An administration fee of 6% per person will apply for the change, in addition to the charges charged by airlines, hotels, tour operators, and other expenses such as the purchase of Round Train Tansportation , Inca Trail Permits and Machupicchu bus tickets will be applied.
Transfers to a third party are only allowed when the transferee meets all the requirements in relation to the trip, and transfers to another departure can only be made if the date is within the current validity period. We cannot guarantee that there will be no additional charges from external parties, such as transport providers.
MINI ADVENTURES (short tours):
If you want to modify or transfer your reservation to a third party, you can do it without any cost, this referring to the tour organization by us; as long as you follow these requirements. We ask that the reservation holder always make the modification through an email 48 hours prior to the departure date or before 5pm (Peru time), after it; a 6% administration fee per person will be applied.
If you want to modify or transfer your reservation to a third party, you can do it without any cost, this referring to the trek organization by us; as long as you follow these requirements. We ask that the reservation holder always make the modification through an email 48 hours prior to the trek departure, after it, a 6% administration fee per person will be applied.
About these ones, no charges will be applied, but always do before 5pm (Peru time).
MACHUPICCHU TOURS: If you wish to modify or transfer your reservation to a third party, we comment that unfortunately you cannot do so because they are non-transferable and they are personal tickets. Any change means the purchase of new tickets (Tourist bus and entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu). For the train ticket, if it is only you, a rate based on the train company will be applied 15%, but on our part no surcharge is applied.
If you still plan to do it knowing all the aforementioned, I suggest you do it as soon as possible, since the availability of these tickets are always subject to high market demand.
* Very important: For trips and treks that include the Inca Trail permits, tickets to the citadel of Machupicchu and Train Tickets, you have to know that these are not transferable and are not refundable, because all of these are subject to strict regulations dictated by the governmental authorities. This means that the third party will have to bear the total additional cost of the mentioned tickets. Any change over time runs the risk of not getting these tickets due to high market demand. Please consider this.
Notification of modifications, must be made in writing to email@example.com. For any emergency, please contact us to this number + 51 932 633 770. We are always glad to help you.
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are 45 days or fewer until the departure date, further payment is needed as follows:
LONG ADVENTURES (trips all inclusive) & MINI ADVENTURES (short tours):
– If you cancel with 45 days or more prior to the proposed departure date, NO extra charges will be applied.
– If you cancel 45 days before departure: Cancellation fees of 10% will be applied.
In some treks, if you cancel 1 day prior to the tour before 5:00 pm (Peru time), a 10% administration fee will apply. After this time, there’s a 100% no-show & cancellation fee. All of this is about our tour operation.
Treks that include those tickets: (MachuPicchu Entrance, Tourist Bus to MachuPicchu and Train tickets) are 100% not refundable. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions, but if you need a letter for your insurance company to help recover some of the costs, we would be happy to issue one.
If you cancel your tour with us, that include; the train tickets,the Machupicchu entrance ticket and the tourist bus. We inform you that unfortunately there are no exceptions, and 100% administrative cancellation fee will apply, because all of these are subject to strict regulations dictated by the governmental authorities, but if you need a letter for your insurance company to help recover some of the costs, we would be happy to issue one.
* For trips including the Inca Trail please refer to section 21. AVAILABILITY OF THE INCA TRAIL TREK for more information.
We guarantee that our trips will leave once they have a fully paid traveler. There is no minimum group size and we will not cancel the itinerary. We can cancel a trip, tour, or trek at any time before departure if unavoidable/extraordinary circumstances occur (natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, bad weather, wars, political instability such as strikes, an outbreak of diseases that may cause health risk), or for any reason that would mean it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary.
If we cancel your trip, you can transfer the amounts paid to an alternative departure date or receive a full refund. If we must cancel, we will inform you as soon as possible.
The Company reserves the right to change the itinerary of the trip due to the causes mentioned above, local circumstances or events beyond our control. In such emergency circumstances, the additional cost of any necessary modification of the itinerary will be covered by you. These can be before departure, after departure, or during the tour.
PERU BUCKET LIST is not responsible for unforeseen expenses that may have been incurred as a result of your reservation including, but not limited to, visas, vaccines, excess travel insurance, train tickets, buses, or non-refundable flights.
Please note the following statements that are very important in reference to your Long adventure (all inclusive trip), Treks. Machupicchu tours or Mini adventure (short tour), IF YOU …
We are not required to make refunds for unused services. No refund will be made.
The above cancellation fees are added to the rates that can be charged by accommodation providers, travel agencies, or the rates of travel and tour operators from third parties as there are several expenses that Peru Bucket List pays to set up these tours.
* There are, however, some exceptions only for Long Adventures trips
The accommodation will always be in: Twin room/matrimonial (2 passengers booking/traveling together) or a private room (1 single traveler). If there are two or more single. Travelers of the same sex they will be paired in a twin or multi-shared dorm. If there is an uneven number of passengers of different genders; they will get a private room per person.
In order for PERU BUCKET LIST to confirm and guarantee the arrangements for your travel plans or other activities, you must provide all the requested details with the payment of your trip. This includes, amongst others, the full name according to passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issuance, expiration date, and any pre-existing medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete your travel plans. Failure to provide the requested details may result in additional charges or non-refundable cancellation of your trip.
The price of your adventure with Peru Bucket List includes certain benefits. For more information regarding your package, please see the itinerary of the activity in which you are interested. This is general info about;
– All accommodation listed in the trip informatio: Long adventures (trips all inclusive), Mini adventures (short tours all inclusive), Treks and MachuPicchu Tours.
– All transportation listed in the trip Information: Long adventures (trips all inclusive), Mini adventures (short tours all inclusive), Treks and MachuPicchu Tours.
– Transfers from the airport to the hotel upon arrival in Peru. Internal flights depending on the type of trip. ONLY applied for Long adventures (trips all inclusive).
– Excursions and activities included as indicated in the general information: Long adventures (trips all inclusive), Treks and Mini adventures.
– Some meals in certain places as indicated on the itinerary of each tour/activity. Long adventures (trips all inclusive), Mini adventures (short tours all inclusive), Treks and MachuPicchu Tours.
– The services of a group leader (PA) / professional guide as described in the information: Long adventures (trips all inclusive), Mini adventures (short tours all inclusive), Treks and MachuPicchu Tours.
– Local and expert guides in every single activity included.
– Equipment for the specific activities.
– FREE “Peru Bucket List t-shirt”. Long adventures (trips all inclusive), Mini adventures (short tours all inclusive), Treks and MachuPicchu Tours.
The price of your adventure with Peru Bucket List does not include;
– International flights.
– Transfer back to the airport at the time of departure or to any other destination after the tour has been completed.
– Taxes and charges for excess baggage.
– Other meals than those specified in the TRIPS/TREKS/MACHUPICCHU TOURS/SHOR TOURS Information.
– Visa and passport fees.
– Travel insurance.
– All personal expenses.
– Sleeping bag, walking poles, air mattress (available to rent). Check each itinerary please.
– The tips for your PA (Peruvian Ambassador) which is 20 USD per week suggested by the Companyif it is a Long adventures, but for Treks, Mini Adventures or Machupicchu Tours is up to you, but always a good to reward an excellent service.
– Tips for your porters and cookers. Any good recognition from the traveler for the great work done by our team is always welcome.
For our trips, the person making the reservation must guarantee that he or she is at least 18 years of age. They must take full responsibility/authority to enter into a contract based on these conditions. They will reserve on behalf of all persons named in the reservation and confirm that all people fully know and accept these conditions.
Minors can/will be accepted to travel with Peru Bucket List if they follow the guidelines listed here. If the person is under the age of 18 they must be accompanied by their parents, companion of legal age, or legal guardian designated by their parents. They will take full responsibility for the child/teen and will be asked to complete and sign a document in which he/she claims to be the legal representative for the duration of the activity with the Peru Bucket List.
There is no limit age! in all our tours. Everyone is welcome.
By signing this document, I understand that any disability, illness, or condition that requires special services or alterations to the itinerary must be disclosed to Peru Bucket List upon booking the trip. Failure to disclose this information will be considered a breach of these booking conditions and can result in that person being excluded from the trip, trek, or activity without refund. We recommend all travelers consult a doctor before booking. Additionally, any condition (physical or mental) that requires you to depart early or miss any activity will be at the cost of the traveler and will not be refunded.
PASSPORTS – VISA – VACCINES
It is the passenger’s responsibility to verify and comply with the passport, visa, health, and immigration requirements applicable to their itinerary. The traveler must be in possession of a valid passport, which is required for entry, departure, and travels through each destination. The traveler must also be in possession of a visa (if required), permits and certificates, including vaccination certificates, and insurance policies required for the entire trip. The passenger must accept full responsibility for obtaining all documents, visas, and permits, and is fully responsible for the following.
Travel insurance is MANDATORY for ALL our travelers. You must provide a copy of their travel insurance policy number and a contact number in case of an emergency. This information must be shown at the time of your briefing (day 1) with your leader.
Travelers are solely responsible for their own personal assets (luggage, wallet, cell phone, cameras, etc.). Travelers are fully responsible for organizing their own insurance. Your travel insurance must provide coverage against personal accidents, death, medical expenses, and emergency repatriation, with one for each of the coverage categories. We also strongly recommend that you cover cancellation, reduction, personal liability, and loss of luggage and personal effects. You will not be able to join the trip without these details.
If you have travel insurance connected to your credit card or bank account, make sure you have the details of the participating insurer, the insurance policy number, and the emergency contact number (not just the name of the bank and the details of the credit card). It is necessary to present this document and you must carry it with you in case of any emergencies.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
You accept and acknowledge that the nature of the excursion is adventurous and that your participation will involve a degree of personal risk. You assume all risk with no liability on our part. Before initiating, you will be asked to sign a participation form. However, it is also your responsibility to familiarize yourself with all the relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary.
An official Release Form will be sent to your mail where you should read it and accept its terms. Once you are satisfied please complete and sign the document in advance of your arrival as it will be required by your PA (Peruvian Ambassador).
By joining on any of our trips, you are accepting that you appreciate and recognize that the nature of this type of trip requires considerable flexibility on your part and must allow for alternative itineraries in the case of unexpected circumstances/events. The itinerary provided for each trip is representative of the types of activities to be undertaken and it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities, and mode of transportation may be subject to modifications without prior notice due to circumstances or local events outside of our reach.
Applicable on all tours or activities with PERU BUCKET LIST S.A.C.
– Peru Bucket List will always strive to provide excellent performance regarding the services agreed with local suppliers, who will be checked to be accredited and competent. We have a contract with a network of companies, agencies, operators, and individuals to help carry out our trips. We are committed to providing complete and correct information, and to help in resolving any questions or concerns regarding your future adventure with us. Keep in mind, that hygiene, safety, services, and transport, for example, may vary depending on the location. This may be different from what you have experienced in your own country or others.
– Peru Bucket List is committed to helping and assisting the affected person in the event of any illness or injury. You should be aware that in many of our destinations the care of hospitals or clinics may not match those of the standards elsewhere in the world. This is due to Peru’s rugged geography which hinders the access of providers and limits resources. We recommend consulting with your family doctor about possible problems and suggested medications before arriving in Peru, especially if you are aware of any personal conditions, or have experienced certain conditions in the past.
– The company is excluded from any liability for any bodily injury, emotional injury, illness, death, damage (directly or indirectly), in connection with its participation in a trip or activity. This is including but not limited to: loss (including possessions of loss and loss of enjoyment), extra expenses, cost, or circumstances that can be deemed to be an Act of God (real or threatened war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, diseases, fires and all similar events beyond our control). You accept that your responsibility releases us and our officers, employees, agents, and representatives from any responsibility and expressly waives any claim that you may have against us as a result of your participation in a trip, tour, or independent activity assuming the risk with knowledge. We regret that we cannot accept responsibilities or pay any compensation in the event of any incident.
Applicable on all tours or activities with PERU BUCKET LIST SAC.
– You assume the responsibility to provide correct and accurate information that is requested by the company. This includes the customer information form that all customers must complete before their adventure. The Peru Bucket ListCompany will not accept responsibility for any problem or additional cost that arises from any wrong information provided by you.
– You understand and assume possible risks inherent in adventure trips, excursions, expeditions, or other activities of this type and therefore you are responsible for any and all incidents or other events that may arise in the realization of these.
– Our group trips are guided by a representative of the company PA (Peruvian ambassador), who will act as your group leader. The decisions made by the group leader are final in all matters that may affect the safety or well-being of any traveler or staff member who participates in the trip. You agree to comply with the decisions made by the group leader and agree not to interfere with the group’s welfare or mobility whilst traveling with the company, otherwise, the group leader may indicate that you leave the trip immediately, without the right to reimbursement. When a customer is excluded, the Company will have no further liability to them (including return travel arrangements) and we will not cover any expense or cost incurred as a result of the exclusion.
– Peru Bucket List does not allow you to carry any illegal drugs or narcotics on any of our trips. If the police or responsible entity reviews and finds illegal drugs in your possession, Peru Bucket List will not be responsible. You will be responsible and will assume full responsibility for the consequences of transporting illegal drugs in a foreign country. The result will be the separation of illegal drugs from the trip, tour, or independent activity. No refund will be given for any service not used.
– If you commit an illegal act that threatens the group’s health, safety, or well-being, whether it is the consumption of drugs or by engaging in any activity relating to prostitution, you may be excluded from the tour and we will cease to be responsible. No refund will be given for any service not used.
– You are responsible for the payment of any damage, or lost objects caused by you in regard to other travel companions, accommodation, restaurants, etc.
The optional activities are not part of the route or contract. If you accept the provision of services then you are explicitly releasing us from all claims and actions that may arise from damage, loss of enjoyment, inconvenience, or injury related to the quality of said products/services.
If you want to make a complaint or raise a problem with your trip, first contact your leader about your concern. If your problem is not solved, send an email to email@example.com as soon as reasonably possible and within 28 days of the incident or tour that was undertaken, and we will investigate your concern. We will not consider claims after 28 days.
Peru Bucket List will be taking photos and videos throughout your trip. By signing this document, you give us your full consent to use any photos taken of you and your image for advertising and promotional purposes free of royalties in any medium. If you do not consent to this, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any personal information that Peru Bucket List collects about you will be used solely for purposes associated with the operation of your trip. The information may be disclosed to our agents, service providers, or other providers to enable us to operate the trip.
Group discounts (20% discount) will be applied to groups of 5 or more traveling together. At least, one of the parties involved will need to send us an email prior to the trip, providing the information of the other members of the group, to verify its authenticity.
Birthday discounts (15% discount) will be applied to any reservation if the following conditions are met:
For this discount to be applied you need to send an email to email@example.com
Note: if your birthday is when you travel with a group of 5 or more, then a 20% discount will be applied to you only.
Seasonal/special discounts are not cumulative with other discounts or promotions.
It is important for all travelers embarking on the Inca Trail trek to be aware that rules and regulations controlling Inca Trail and Machu Picchu are constantly changing.
The following are important notes to take into consideration:
-A limit of 500 people per day is allowed to start the Inca Trail. (Inc. Porters, cooks, and guides) (Designated by the Peruvian Government, where they have full remit to change these laws at any given time, and without warning).
-The trek will be closed once the limit is reached and no further bookings can be made.
-Reservations must be made before the trek begins. Therefore, to avoid disappointment, we require complete personal and passport information from you at the time of booking in order to apply for a permit in time.
– Inca Trail permits are 100% non-refundable, non-transferable. Permits are issued in your name and with your passport number, therefore it cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances.
Any booking made 152 days (5 months) or more before the Inca Trail of any Peru Bucket List tour should proceed without any issue if we receive the following:
-Full name (exactly as it appears on the passport).
-Date of Birth.
-Passport Number (of the passport you will be used to travel).
-Date of Passport Expiry – Must be valid for a least 6 months past the date of travel.
Please send all of the aforementioned details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we confirm the purchase of the permit, you may continue with the booking online.
Important: the passport number and name that is submitted to the Peru Bucket List, at the time of confirmation, will be used to purchase the Inca Trail permit and entrance to Machu Picchu. This passport number and name will be used to identify yourself as you enter the checkpoint at the start of the trail and throughout the hike. If this information does not match the information you have submitted at the time of confirmation, changes and corrections can be subject to fees as discrepancies can lead to being denied admission to the Inca Trail. If you are issued a new passport in between the time at which you make your booking, and embarking on your expedition, you will need to bring both documents with you.
Please note that these rules and regulations are strictly enforced by the governing bodies of the Inca Trail in Peru and are out of the control of the Peru Bucket List.
If you are denied access to the Inca Trail as a result of providing incorrect or invalid information, the cost of accommodation and other services during this time will be your personal responsibility and not the responsibility of the Peru Bucket List.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to secure permits, Peru Bucket List will move your trek automatically to the Jungle Trek 4D/3N. You will be notified prior to the start of your trip (please visit the website for more details on the trek itinerary).
Machu Picchu Entrance Regulations
The Peruvian government allows visitors to enter Machu Picchu for a maximum of 4 hours (starting as early as 6 a.m. and closing as late as 5:30 p.m. All visitors are required to be accompanied by a guide, all Peru Bucket List bookings include a guide.
Hello again, if you got here it is because you are thinking of rewarding the great work of our cooks, porters and guides. Here we leave you a list of tips according to the position of each of them and the standard that is managed in the field of tourism in Peru. feel free to do it without pressure, if you want to grant more than what was indicated, do so; they will thank you from the heart.
With reference to this article 23 of the Terms and Conditions, Peru Bucket List must be clear that only the Tours & Trek (Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Full Day Tour, Waqrapukara Full Day, Paracas – Huacachina Full Day Tour, apply in the SUPER TOURS DISCOUNTS promotion, Machu Picchu by Train 2 Days, Salkantay Trek 5 Days by Train). All these counting on their departure dates, minimum and maximum capacity, in addition to a special – promotional cost.
To be part of the group of travelers who will enjoy this Super Promo, you must be aware of certain requirements that we have created and that you must meet to become a creditor of this benefit created especially for you.
Here are the steps you must follow:
1- Before traveling;
– Choose the tour
– Choose the date
– Send us a message with the required personal data (full name, nationality)
– Choose a non-perishable food
– Tag 10 friends with @perubucketlist on the Instagram and Facebook platform. We will verify it.
2.- Our response / Confirmation
– We will answer you in 24 hours
3.- Payment & Collection of donations
– Tours (Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain, Waqrapukara and Paracas – Huacachina) the collection of donations and the payment will be 24hrs hours before the start of the tour (10am). Payment will be due in cash: dollars / soles (current exchange rate).
– Tour & Trek (Machu Picchu tour, Salkantay Trek) the collection of the donations and the payment will be 48 hours before the beginning of these (12pm), this day you will also be asked for a copy of your passports in order to reserve and get the tickets (Machu Picchu and trains). Payment will be due in cash: dollars / soles (current exchange rate).
4.- NO SHOW
– YOUR ABSENCE: At the time of payment and collection of donations,will mean for us your NO participation in the reserved activity.
– YOUR ABSENCE: At the time of pick-up for (trek & Tour) will mean your NO participation in the reserved activity. We comment that unfortunately the money cannot be returned since by then the reservations and payments for the development of the (tours & treks) will have been made. If you need a letter to be able to recover it through your insurance, we will gladly grant it to you.
In Accommodation services (hotel / camp), transportation and assistance will always be the same as those specified in our itineraries, maintaining the standard of our company
6.- Food in
– Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain & Waqrapukara: The passenger must bring their snack, water (food) and will pay for their tickets.
– Machu Picchu by train 2 days: The passenger must bear the food costs (90 SOLES: 1 dinner and 1 lunch), cost apporx ,; in addition to the bus up or down to the citadel if applicable (12 USD each way) and the guide (10 USD).
– Salkantay Trek 5 days by train: The passenger must bear the expenses of their food.
* First day: Breakfast 15 soles
* Fourth and fifth day: Lunch 30 soles and Dinner 30 soles. approx
Meals during the camp days are completely covered by us (First, second, third day). We recommend you bring extra money in case you want to buy extra drinks or snacks.
7.- Guide service
The service of our guides are completely covered, during all activities, with the exception of the guided tour of Machu Picchu of 2hrs. If you want the guided service, you can hire the service of our guide with a symbolic amount of 10 USD per person.
To give a tip to our cooks, porters, assistants and guides especially: Salkantay Trek, please read article 22 (tiping) to know the average tip for each position. Always remember that you are voluntary and do not feel obliged to do it.
Enjoy our selected activities with the best crew. Click on the links and explore Peru in a fun and authentic way. We are sure you will like.